Greetings Rose City Barbell Family! I hope this newsletter finds everyone well! I wanted to touch base with everyone today to give some news and updates about the gym.
1. This Friday, October 20th, we are going to have our second annual RCB night out and you are ALL invited! I want to see everyone from the gym at Kells in NW Portland at 7pm. (please note, this is NOT the Kells on 2nd)
2. On Saturday October 28th, as many of you already know, we are hosting our very own Barbells for Boobs event at the gym at 9 AM. We have a sign-up sheet available on the white board and would love to see everyone participate. If you are competing, sign up! If you are judging, sign up! If you are coming to spectate, bring some good vibes to cheer on your fellow community! I will be sending out an email to gauge how many people will be present for food, drink and seating.
If you follow our page on Facebook (if you don’t, you should), Hilary has been leaking some of the amazing raffle prizes that are going to be available. Raffle tickets are $5.00 each and are going to be CASH only. We have descriptions of the raffle prizes located on the merchandise case at the gym for those of you who can’t make it and want to buy tickets pre-sale. If you would still like to donate directly to the RCB Barbells for Boobs page, please follow the link below:
3. Technically this event is not in October but is still worth a mention. On November 11th, NW Fit Games is holding the Gobbler Gauntlet. We have a team on 3 females already registered and would love to see more people from the box compete. If you are interested in putting a team together, feel free to talk to me. Even if you don’t want to compete, we would love to see you out at the competition to cheer on and represent your box!
Changes around the Box:
You guys have been talking and we have been listening! As of Monday, October 23rd, we are changing the time of our 7 AM class. The new class time is 6:30 AM – 7:30 AM Monday through Friday. The 2 AM classes will be CrossFit classes. and 5pm will remain weightlifting. We know that 5:30 AM is early and the 7:00 AM might be a little tight for people to get to work. The 6:30 class is your happy medium! So stop by and get your WOD in before work!
- As our box continues to grow, our classes are getting larger. I want to instill the habit of signing into Wodify before class begins now. I would like everyone, including weightlifters and open gym members, to sign into Wodify on the back TV’s. This will give us a better idea of our classes sizes currently, and in time, classes will have a cap and you will have to register to keep your slot in class locked in!
- We are currently following class.comptain.co for our CrossFit classes. We are one week behind so you can look ahead and see what next week has in store!